In many types of diseases and chronic illnesses, massage therapy cannot help but in fact can be one of the factors spreading the disease if you are not aware of. Therefore it is absolutely prohibited for each and any type of massage therapy to whom it may concern. There are specifics rules, precautions, and contradictions for anyone should always kept in mind.
Ensure all the information about your medical history has always been provided to our therapist before attempted to our services. For example,
If you have a simple fever which caused by a common cold, it can escalate if massage is performed.
Ancient Thais treated a number of ailments by using massage to restore the flow of energy throughout the body. Traditional Thai massage is a deep, full-body treatment, which includes both stretching of the joints and muscles.
There are some fundamental precautions and contradictions you should consider:
- High fever
- Acute Inflammations
- Recent Injuries particularly bones fracture, muscle and skeleton injuries
- Recent Operations
- Open Skin Wounds
- Phlebitis, Varicose Veins and Thrombosis(with special care)
- Infections and Auto Immune Dysfunctions Syndrome such as Hepatitis, Herpes virus, Chicken Pox, and AIDS
- Any type of Skin Diseases such as Impetigo, Fungi, Scabies, Lice etc
- Alcohol Consumption
- High or Low Blood Pressure
- Heart Diseases and Disorders(Pacemaker, Open Heart Surgery, Strokes)
- All forms of Cancer
- Either Early or Late Stages of Pregnancy(need to be notified)
- A massage should not be received at least one hour after a meal.
- Pregnant women, menstruating women and people who are bleeding either internally or externally are not allowed to receive foot reflexology massage.
- Clients are prohibited from washing hair, hands, feet or taking a bath within one hour of foot reflexology massage in order to prevent the body’s elements from the effect of coldness.
- After receiving a massage, drinking water is required to eliminate toxin and lactic acids developed during the massage process.
- Before each massage session, expecting information about your physical condition and medical history are our concern.
Every possible effort should be made from the therapist’s side in order to avoid possible implications on the client’s health. People who are ill (even without knowing it) could endanger and put their physical health into unnecessary risk. A common cold can get worse if a massage treatment is applied
Since we take your health very seriously, we urge you to be extremely careful and honest when providing any information.
For some very serious health conditions (which mentions above), it is absolutely necessary to consult your personal medical doctor before booking an appointment with us.